Equipment Cleaning Guidelines
Now that employees are slowly returning to work, you may be wondering, how to keep frequently used office equipment clean. Office equipment, such as desktop printers, copiers, and multifunction printers, can see a lot of hands in a single workday which is why it’s important to routinely sanitize and clean your equipment. You can even clean the surfaces of equipment from Canon, Sharp, and all of the brands that we offer just by following these simple equipment cleaning guidelines:
Avoid spraying any liquid directly on your machine, as this can cause contact with the electric and electronic equipment, which can permanently damage your machine or parts of it.
- Refrain from spraying product directly on the equipment
- Apply the alcohol onto a lint-free or microfiber cloth and then wipe the surfaces of the device
- It is recommended that you clean parts of the device touched by people’s hands such as control panels, covers, and jam locations
Safety and Environmental Tips
- Make sure the device is powered down and unplugged before cleaning. Wait until surfaces are dry before plugging in and powering the device back on.
- Alcohol is a flammable liquid and should never be used near fire or open flame.
- It is recommended that you use and properly dispose of protective disposable gloves and cloths
- Do not use cleaners that contain volatile solvents such as paint thinners or benzene to clean any of your devices.