Service Technician (Copier) Trainee – Entry Level
The Service Technician (Copier) Trainee is an entry level position that will learn to provide superior customer service by maintaining, servicing and repairing equipment at customer locations in the Northern Virginia Area. The technician will have strong communication skills, excellent people skills and the ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced changing environment. This is an opportunity for someone to grow and progress with the company.
Offix will provide various training courses/programs to help further your knowledge and learn to:
- Read and interpret specifications, blueprints, charts, and schematics to determine machine settings, adjustments, installation and assembly
- Diagnose office equipment issues using a variety of testing devises and background knowledge
- Demonstrate repair proficiencies on all equipment (digital copiers, faxes, printers etc.)
- Converse intelligently with operators to ascertain problems prior to call or onsite visit
- Troubleshoot repair job ensuring equipment has effectively been repaired
- Write thorough and legible service reports ensuring all times from dispatch through to completion, parts used, parts needed to order, meter reading PM counts etc.
- Accurately document all information
- Maintain a neat and orderly car stock, requesting replacement parts/items as needed
- Understand Offix’s service procedures, company policies and protocol with an excellent ability to follow through
- Perform occasional miscellaneous duties/projects as needed
- High School diploma – Vo Tech Graduate/Tech School Diploma or equivalent is a plus
- Excellent follow-up and communication skills
- Excellent customer service and trouble shooting skills are essential
- Proactive problem solver and creative thinker
- Seeking factory certifications
- Ability to travel
- Valid Driver’s License w/clean driving record
- Ability to safely lift objects over 100 lbs
- US citizenship required
Benefits such as paid holidays and vacation days provide opportunities for self-renewal through time away from the job. The security needs of employees and their families are filled through optional benefits such as life insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage, and health insurance.
– Educational Assistance
– Funeral and Bereavement Leave
– Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Leave Pay
– Insurance: Health, Vision, and Life
– 401(K) – company match
– Reimbursement Accounts
– Service Awards
– Short and Long-Term Disability
Offix LC is a premier supplier and service provider of comprehensive office technology. We are committed to providing remarkable innovative solutions to our customers and for our employees, extensive training and development. We are passionate about building a team of highly qualified, customer focused individuals who contribute enthusiastically to our corporate culture and our company’s success. With the competitive salary and benefits offered at Offix, you build more than a career, you can build a future. It is the policy of Offix LC to give equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, gender, religion, marital status, handicap or national origin.