OFFIX Operations and COVID-19
As worldwide concerns continue to grow about the spreading of Coronavirus (COVID-19), Offix has been monitoring its impact within our community. Mindful of that, we have developed specific protocols and guidelines to ensure the protection of our employees, customers and community.
Our top priority in making these decisions is keeping all employees, their families and our customers healthy!
To ensure that our operations continue without interruption, as we continue to provide the support and service we’re known for to those customers and clients who continue to be operational, Offix will remain open.
As we continue to monitor the situation and recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), we are asking all employees to assist in the reducing the transmission of this communicable disease in the workplace; in particular, and effective immediately, we are asking all Offix employees to follow these simple but important rules and implementing the following protocols:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Sanitize their hands frequently by using soap and water, or alcohol sanitizers provided in all common areas of our offices.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If developing fever, employees must stay home until they are fever free for at least 24 hours
- If employees have been in significant contact with someone who has or has been tested positive for Coronavirus, they will be required to stay home for 14 days after contact.
- We ask all our employees to minimize physical contact, for example shaking hands with one another and our customers.
Customer and Client Meetings
We are encouraging our customers and clients to conduct meetings remotely, by phone or through e-meeting technology. All paperwork will also be handled electronically, whenever possible. If an in-person meeting is necessary, we will limit the number of Offix representative who will participate.
Additionally, with regards to the activities of our Service Technicians:
All deliveries, set-up, and training will be performed under enhanced sanitary protocol: we’re asking our technicians to thoroughly wipe every machine before it is delivered to a customer or other facility. Additionally, our technicians are asked to maintain the following health protocols:
- We have purchased and provided them with gloves, and have asked all technicians to wear them whenever possible.
- When servicing a machine, all surfaces of the equipment must be wiped down prior to and following completion of service work.
We are committed to the health and well-being of our employees, customers and our community. We are taking every precaution to ensure their safety and health, but we need your help.
We will continue to monitor developments and the information provided by the CDC and other local, state and national official sources and adjust our protocol accordingly.
As always, thank you for being our valued customer and for your continued trust as we manage through this time together.
Stephen Valenta – President, Offix