- 10.1″ intuitive touchscreen with smartphone-like usability.
- A unique, customized experience tailored to individual preferences using My ADVANCE.
- Supports mobile solutions and integration with many popular cloud services like Google Drive.
- Scan and convert documents to searchable digital files in a variety of file formats.
- Integration with Canon and various third-party software with embedded application platform.
- Advanced standard security feature set to help safeguard sensitive information and assist in regulatory compliance.
- Integrates with existing, third-party Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems to help provide real-time comprehensive insights into potential threats to the network and printers.
- Technology to verify that the device boot process, firmware, and applications initialize without alterations or tampering.
- Security policy settings can be controlled with a dedicated password, configured from a central location, and exported to other supported devices.
- Control access to the device and specific features, using a host of flexible authentication methods — PIN code, user name/password, or card access.
Quality and Reliability
- Canon’s signature reliability and engine technologies help keep productivity high and minimize the impact on support resources.
- Outstanding imaging technologies and toner allow for crisp text and consistent images in rich black-and-white tones.
- Designed to achieve maximum uptime with status notifications that help keep supplies replenished and intuitive maintenance videos for consumables replacement.
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE models have received many awards and recognition from leading industry analysts, often referencing strong reliability.
Device and Fleet Management
- Designed for quick, easy deployment.
- Remote diagnostics and parts life management for proactive maintenance and rapid fixes.
- Easy and intuitive to monitor device status and consumable levels, turn off devices remotely, observe meter readings, manage settings, and implement security policies.
- Common firmware and regular updates with Unified Firmware Platform (UFP) for continuous improvements and consistency across a fleet.
- Track and assess print, copy, scan, and fax usage and allocate costs to departments or projects.
- Apply print policies and restrict usage by user to help reduce unnecessary printing and contribute to cost efficiency.
- Standard cloud-based solution provides a centralized dashboard with up-to-the-minute insights into printer activity.
- Upgrade to uniFLOW server or cloud-based solutions for full accounting and reporting for compatible Canon and third-party devices, pull printing, job routing, and powerful scan workflows.
- A combination of fusing technologies and low-melting-point toner minimizes power requirements and helps achieve low energy consumption.
- Encourage environmentally conscious work practices by enabling multiple settings that can help save paper and energy.
- ENERGY STAR® certified and rated EPEAT® Gold.
imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8505i III
Monochrome Laser Multifunctional
Standard: Print, Copy, Scan, Send, Store
Canon Dual Custom Processor (Shared)
Standard: 10.1″ TFT LCD WSVGA Color Flat-panel
3.0 GB RAM
|HARD DISK DRIVE|
Standard: 250 GB
|MIRRORING HARD DISK DRIVE|
Optional (250 GB, 1 TB), Method: Raid1
Network: 1000Base-T/100Base-TX/10Base-T, Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n)
Optional: NFC, Bluetooth Low EnergyOthers
Standard: USB 2.0 x2 (Host), USB 3.0 x1 (Host), USB 2.0 x1 (Device)
Optional: Serial Interface, Copy Control Interface
|PAPER CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)|
Standard: 4,200 Sheets
|PAPER SOURCES (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)|
Standard: Dual 1,500-sheet Paper Drawers, Dual 550-sheet Paper Cassettes, 100-sheet Stack Bypass
|PAPER OUTPUT CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)|
With External Finishers (-V2): 3,500 Sheets
With External Finishers: Collate, Group, Offset, Staple, Staple On Demand, Staple-free Staple, Booklet, Booklet Trimming, Hole Punch, Professional Hole Punch, Document Insertion, Folding (C, Z, Half, Accordion Z, Double-parallel)
|SUPPORTED MEDIA TYPES|
Paper Drawers (1/2): Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Pre-punched, Letterhead, Bond
|SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES|
Paper Drawers (1/2): Letter Paper Cassettes (3/4): 13″ x 19″, 12″ x 18″, 11″ x 17″, Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Executive, Statement-R, Custom Size (5-1/2″ x 7-1/8″ to 13″ x 19-1/4″)
|SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS|
Paper Decks/ Cassettes: 14 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (52 to 220 g/m2)
From Power On: Approx. 60 Seconds2
|DIMENSIONS (W x D x H)|
Standard: 26-3/8″ x 30-5/8″ x 48″ (670 mm x 779 mm x 1,220 mm)
|INSTALLATION SPACE (W x D x H)|
Fully Configured: 162″ x 55-1/8″ (4,124 mm x 1,400 mm) (POD Deck Lite-C1 + Booklet Finisher-W1 Pro + Document Insertion Unit-N1 + Paper Folding Unit-J1 + Multi Function Professional Puncher-B1)
With Standard Flat Touch- Panel: Approx. 520.3 lb. (236 kg)4
|PRINT / COPY SPEED (BW AND COLOR)|
Up to 105 ppm (Letter)
|PRINT RESOLUTION (dpi)|
1200 x 1200, 600 x 600
|STANDARD PAGE DESCRIPTION LANGUAGES|
UFR III, PCL®6, Adobe® PS® 3
Available from USB, Advanced Box, Remote UI, and Web Access5
PDF, TIFF, JPEG, EPS,6 XPS
|PRINTING FROM MOBILE AND CLOUD-BASED SERVICES|
A range of software and MEAP-based solutions are available to provide printing from mobile devices or Internet-connected devices and cloud-based services depending on your requirements.
PCL fonts: 93 Roman, 10 Bitmap fonts, 2 OCR fonts, Andalé Mono WT J/K/S/T (Japanese, Korean, Simplified and Traditional Chinese)7, Barcode fonts8
|OPERATING SYSTEM 9|
UFRIII: Server 2008/Windows 7/Server 2008 R2/ Server 2012/Windows 8.1/Server 2012 R2/ Windows 10/Server 2016, MAC OS X (10.9 or later)
Suspend Job Timeout, Subset Finishing (PS only), Profile Settings, Secured Print, Watermark, Header/Footer, Page Layout, Two-sided Printing, Collating, Booklet Printing, Grouping, Mixed Paper Sizes/Orientations, Offsetting, Front/Back Covers, Toner Reduction, Poster Printing, Forced Hold Printing
Up to 105 ppm (Letter)
As Fast as 2.7 Seconds
Reading: 600 x 600
Up to 9,999 Copies
Automatic or Manual (9 Levels)
25%-400% (1% Increments)
25%, 50%, 64%, 73%, 78%
121%, 129%, 200%, 400%
|BASIC COPY FEATURES|
Preset Reduction/Enlargement Ratios by Area, Paper Setting, Previous Settings, Favorite Settings, Finishing, Two-Sided, Density Adjustment, Original Type Selection, Interrupt Mode, Setting Confirmation/Cancel
|SPECIAL COPY FEATURES|
Book to Two Pages, Two-sided Original, Finishing, Booklet, Job Build, N on 1, Add Cover, Insert Sheets, Different Size Originals, Density Adjustment, Original Type Selection, Transparency Cover Sheets, Page Numbering, Copy Set Numbering, Sharpness, Erase Frame, Secure Watermark, Print Date, Shift, Gutter, Print & Check, Negative/Positive, Repeat Images, Merge Job Blocks, Job Done Notice, Mirror Image, Print on Tab, Store in Mail Box, Superimpose Image, Cascade Copy, Copy ID Card, Multi Sheet Feed Detection, Skip Blank Pages, Free Size Original
Color Platen and Single-pass Duplexing Automatic Document Feeder
|DOCUMENT FEEDER PAPER CAPACITY|
300 Sheets (20 lb. Bond)
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES|
11″ x 17″, Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Statement, Statement-R, Custom size [5″ x 5-1/2″ to 12″ x 17″ (128 x 139.7 mm to 304.8 mm x 431.8 mm)]
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS|
BW Original: 13 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (50 to 220 g/m2)
|PLATEN ACCEPTABLE ORIGINALS|
Sheet, Book, 3-Dimensional Objects [Height: Up to 2″ (50 mm), Weight: up to 4.4 lb. (2 kg)]
Color Network ScanGear2 for both Twain and WIA
600 x 600, 400 x 400, 300 x 300, 200 x 400, 200 x 200, 200 x 100, 150 x 150, 100 x 100
|SCAN TO MOBILE DEVICES AND CLOUD-BASED SERVICES|
A range of solutions is available to provide scanning to mobile devices or and cloud-based services depending on your requirements.
|SCAN SPEED (LETTER)|
Email/Internet Fax (SMTP), SMB v3.0, FTP, WebDAV, Mail Box, Super G3 Fax (Optional), IP Fax (Optional)
Automatic-Color Select (Full Color/Grayscale), Automatic- Color Select(Full Color/Black-and-White), Full color, Grayscale, and Black-and-White
LDAP (2,000)/Local (1,600)/Speed dial (200)
600 x 600, 400 x 400, 300 x 300, 200 x 400, 200 x 200, 200 x 100, 150 x 150, 100 x 100
File: FTP (TCP/IP), SMB v3.0, WebDAV Email: SMTP, POP3
Standard: TIFF, JPEG, PDF(Compact, Searchable, Apply policy, Optimize for Web, PDF A/1-b, Encrypted, Device Signature), XPS (Compact, Searchable, Device Signature), Office Open XML (PowerPoint, Word)
|UNIVERSAL SEND FEATURES|
Original Type Selection,Two-sided Original, Book to Two Pages, Different-size Originals, Density Adjustment, Sharpness, Copy Ratio, Erase Frame, Job Build, Sender’s Name (TTI), Delayed Send, Preview, Job Done Notice, File Name, Subject/Message, Reply-to, Email Priority, TX Report, Original Content Orientation, Skip Blank Originals, Multi Sheet Feed Detection
|MAXIMUM NUMBER OF LINES|
Super G3: 33.6 Kbps
MH, MR, MMR, JBIG
400 x 400, 200 x 400, 200 x 200, 200 x 100
|SENDING / RECORDING SIZE|
Statement-R to 11″ x 17″
Up to 30,000 Pages
|GROUP DIALS / DESTINATIONS|
Max. 199 Dials
Max. 256 Addresses
Original Type Selection, Two-sided Original, Book to Two Pages, Different-size Originals, Density for Scanning, Sharpness, Copy Ratio, Erase Frame, Job Build, Sender’s Name (TTI), Selecting the Telephone Line, Direct Send, Delayed Send, Preview, Job Done Notice, TX Report, Multi Sheet Feed Detection
|MAIL BOX SIMPLE (NUMBER SUPPORTED)|
100 User In-boxes, 1 Memory RX In-box, 50 Confidential Fax In-boxes, 30,000 Maximum Pages Stored
Communication Protocol: SMB or WebDAV
|ADVANCED BOX AVAILABLE DISC SPACE|
Approx. 16 GB (Standard HDD)
|ADVANCED BOX FEATURES|
Authentication for Advanced Box Log-in, Sort Function, Printing a PDF File with a Password, imageWARE Secure Audit Manager Support
Standard: Universal Login Manager, uniFLOW Online Express,10 User Authentication, Department ID Authentication, (Device and Function Level Log-in), Access Management System
Standard: Trusted Platform Module (TPM), Hard Disk Password Lock, Hard Disk Drive Erase, Mail Box Password Protection, Hard Disk Drive Encryption (FIPS140-2 Validated), Verify System at Startup
Standard: IP/Mac Address Filtering, IPsec, TLS Encrypted Communication, SNMP V3.0, IEEE 802.1X, IPv6, SMTP Authentication, POP Authentication before SMTP, S/MIME, SIEM Integration
Standard: Secure Watermark, Secure Print, Adobe LiveCycle® Rights Management ES2.5 Integration, Encrypted PDF, Encrypted Secure Print, Device Signature
Temperature: 50 to 86 ºF
120-127 V AC, 60 Hz, 16 A
|PLUG (MAIN UNIT)|
Maximum: Approx. 2,032 W
ENERGY STAR® Certified
GPR-37 Black Toner
|TONER YIELD (ESTIMATED @ 6% COVERAGE)|
|1 Some types of tracing paper cannot be used.|
2 Time from device power-on, until copy ready (not print reservation).
3 Time from exiting Sleep mode to when printing is operational.
4 Including the toner bottle.
5 PDF print from websites is supported.
6 EPS can be printed directly only from the Remote User Interface.
7 Requires the optional PCL International Font Set-A1.
8 Requires optional Barcode Printing Kit-D1.
9 Other operating systems and environments including AS/400, UNIX, Linux and Citrix may be supported. Some of these solutions are chargeable. SAP Device Types are available via the SAP Market Place. For more information, contact your sales representative.
10 No charge for this solution; however activation is required.
11 Standby Reference Value: measured one unit.
12 0.9 W sleep mode may not be possible in all circumstances due to certain settings.
13 For current EPEAT rating (Gold/Silver/Bronze), please visit www.epeat.net.
II indicates that this model has been upgraded to new system software and includes additional security features as standard.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.