Features – ColorStream 6000 Series
Learn more about the ColorStream 6000 Series.
- Advanced print head calibration
- PreFire refresh technology
- High-Speed monochrome option
- Top-notch printing productivity
- DigiDot imaging technology
- Seamless workflow integration
- Configuration Flexibility
Benefit from proven high volume inkjet printing technology
- Top notch productivity: Print speeds from 157 to 417 fpm, Up to 21.25” print width, printing in speed ramps feature, First page printing, Reliability
- High-end print quality: DigiDot Technology, Multilevel Dot Modulation, PreFire, InkSafe Technology feature, Ink economy, Paper shrinking compensation, Choice of dye, pigment, specialty, spot color or MICR Inks, Nozzle-freeing methods
- Outstanding production flexibility: Premium vs. performance mode, Twin flexibility, Color Flexibility and growth path
- Unrivaled operational efficiency: HeadSafe, printing in speed ramps feature, waste-free Print pause for visual quality checks, First page printing
- Datacenter infrastructure fit: Weight, size, and leveling pad placement allow for installation on raised floor environments, System breaks down to several small components to allow for access through tight doorways or elevators, Power and environmental requirements are similar to typical digital print devices
- SRA MP controller: Native PDF, IPDS and PCL6, Integrated closed loop color control, Operator calibration tool, Advanced color management, Late binding workflows, Paper shrinking compensation, Nozzle-freeing methods, Two-up mode, Duplex synchronization/data integrity
Productivity and flexibility for high-speed color production
The ColorStream 6000 series color inkjet system prints at 417 feet per minute with a print width of 21.25″. That translates to 909 letter images per minute for a single unit or 1818 letter images per minute for a twin configuration with average volumes up to 12 million letter images per month on a single system or up to 59 million letter images per month on a twin system, all at 600 x 600 dpi resolution. With optional multilevel dot modulation, crisp details and smooth halftones can be produced at full rated speed.
Smart innovations for smart communication in color
That means that you are now offering either higher quality – even on lighter papers – or your existing quality at the cost advantage of less expensive papers.
Several smart features of the ColorStream 6000 series Twin color inkjet press enable a fast switch between long monochrome runs and full-color prints. The twin concept allows an easy entry into the world of inkjet printing by starting with a simplex mono version. The data center-infrastructure fit regarding size, weight and power supply as well as a seamless integration into existing environments with regards to workflow and finishing makes it easy to replace older toner-based continuous feed printing systems with the new ColorStream 6000 series Twin, thus accelerating the transition to color.
For customers with monochrome applications, the new “Fast Black” option also higher printing speed by applying the optional double head black configuration. This feature will allow higher printing speeds up to 492 ft/m (150 m/min) increasing productivity up to 65 million letter pages per month in monochrome.
Low risk innovation
The ColorStream 6000 series twin inkjet printing systems build on the best of Canon’s continuous feed technologies including the DigiDot piezoelectric drop-on-demand technology, the industry’s fastest inkjet print heads to produce stunning color at top speeds, SRA MP controller power and the flexibility of ColorStream I, L, and H-shape twin configurations. Together with the Canon service power and the investment protection and upgradability approach this ensures you a low risk innovation.
The ColorStream 6000 series shares all the strong points of its predecessors:
Fast switching between monochrome and color
- Waste-free pause and printing in speed ramps
Easy integration, less waste
- Variable page length
No constraints on your image size
- Reduced footprint
Helps improve your space productivity
Unrivalled industry benchmark in terms of uptime and stability