The new Océ ColorStream 6000 series is Océ’s latest offering to make the future of inkjet printing even more colorful. The Océ ColorStream 6000 has the reliability and the flexibility of the Océ ColorStream 3000, the compact layout of the ColorStream 3000Z and in addition the outstanding new features of the package. This combination makes it the most versatile and productive inkjet web press available today.
The Océ ColorStream 6000 Series offers high speed, high quality full color inkjet printers with a speed of 157 or 417 feet per minute for 344 up to 1818 letter images per minute. Through its unique combination of productivity, efficiency and quality this color inkjet printer simplifies and accelerates the transition from monochrome to full-color or even 5 or 6 colors. The DigiDot multilevel dot modulation produces crisp details and smooth halftones with a perceived quality of 1200 dpi. DigiDot is made even better with the new advanced print head calibration and the unique Canon PreFire refresh technology. The Océ ColorStream 6000 Series inkjet press offers productivity and flexibility for high-speed color and monochrome production of transaction, TransPromo, direct mail, book and manual applications with the reliability, print quality and media range associated with the DigiDot technology. The Océ ColorStream 6000 Series line of color inkjet printers provides a modular offering in various single and twin configurations. The flexible inkjet printing system allows you to adapt the printing mode to match your pace of the transition to color. A full-color Océ ColorStream 6000 Series inkjet printer can be set up as monochrome-only printing system when needed. With the optional High-Speed Mono option print speeds can be increased to 492 ft/m for mono printing. The production and media flexibility contributes to a future-proof system that simplifies the transition of applications and business models to more sophisticated documents with variable personalization and smarter communication in color.
Benefit from proven high volume inkjet printing technology
- Top notch productivity: Print speeds from 157 to 417 fpm, Up to 21.25” print width, Ramp-up/Ramp-down feature, First page printing, Reliability
- High-end print quality: Océ DigiDot Technology, Multilevel Dot Modulation, PreFire, InkSafe Technology feature, Ink economy, Paper shrinking compensation, Choice of dye, pigment, specialty, spot color or MICR Inks, Nozzle-freeing methods
- Outstanding production flexibility: Premium vs. performance mode, Twin flexibility, Color Flexibility and growth path
- Unrivaled operational efficiency: Head Safe, Ramp-up/Ramp-down feature, First page printing
- Datacenter infrastructure fit: Weight, size, and leveling pad placement allow for installation on raised floor environments, System breaks down to several small components to allow for access through tight doorways or elevators, Power and environmental requirements are similar to typical digital print devices
- SRA MP controller: Native PDF, IPDS and PCL6, Integrated closed loop color control, Operator calibration tool, Advanced color management, Late binding workflows, Paper shrinking compensation, Nozzle-freeing methods, Two-up mode, Duplex synchronization/data integrity
Productivity and flexibility for high-speed color production
The Océ ColorStream 6000 Series color inkjet system prints at 417 feet per minute with a print width of 21.25″. That translates to 909 letter images per minute for a single unit or 1818 letter images per minute for a twin configuration with average volumes up to 12 million letter images per month on a single system or up to 59 million letter images per month on a twin system, all at 600 x 600 dpi resolution. With optional multilevel dot modulation, crisp details and smooth halftones can be produced at full rated speed.
Smart innovations for smart communication in color
Offer your customers vivid colors and sharpest details with Océ DigiDot® Multilevel technology; make it even better with the new advanced print head calibration and the unique Canon PreFire refresh technology. That means that you are now offering either higher quality – even on lighter papers – or your existing quality at the cost advantage of less expensive papers.
Several smart features of the ColorStream 6000 Series color inkjet press enable a fast switch between long monochrome runs and full-color prints. The twin concept allows an easy entry into the world of inkjet printing by starting with a simplex mono version. The datacenter infrastructure fit regarding size, weight and power supply as well as a seamless integration into existing environments with regards to workflow and finishing makes it easy to replace older toner-based continuous feed printing systems with the new ColorStream 6000, thus accelerating the transition to color.
For customers with monochrome applications, the new “Fast Black” option also higher printing speed by applying the optional double head black configuration. This feature will allow higher printing speeds up to 492 ft/m (150 m/min) increasing productivity up to 65 million letter pages per month in monochrome.
Low risk innovation
The Océ ColorStream 6000 Series inkjet printing systems build on the best of Océ’s continuous feed technologies including the Océ DigiDot piezoelectric drop-on-demand technology, industry’s fastest inkjet print heads to produce stunning color at top speeds, Océ SRA MP controller power and the flexibility of Océ VarioStream I, L and H-shape twin configurations. Together with the Océ service power and the investment protection and upgradability approach this ensures you a low risk innovation.